joi, 30 aprilie 2020

Our body’s response to our attitudes (Part 1)




       Some time ago, I decided to write down the numerous cases that I dealt with throughout the years.

In order to do so, I asked the people who I interact with most often, the ones who at some point interacted with me as patients, to write down some thoughts about an issue that I helped or guided them to resolve. I thought I will synthesize these chapters and will give them the form of a book.

      For me it is very CLEAR that what we feel, BUT also what we transmit to our physical body, will influence its existence. That what we SAY with our words to our body changes morphological and physiological structures. That means changes happen within the information found at a DNA level.
Weeell, but let s see WHICH feelings/ideas/words are the ones that can do such a thing!

     When I started my one to one therapy sessions, I prayed for the people that I come into contact with as a counselor/therapist to become my friends. I prayed for our relationship to not be limited by a classic patient – therapist relationship.
      You know what they say, „be careful what you wish for, it may actually come true”, and so did my prayer turn into reality. And it IS a beautiful friendship with each and one of them. No matter age, gender or residence.
       Today I will present to you two cases of two young women. A mother of two (A.C.), age 30 and a young adult (A.M.), age 27. To keep my message accurate, I will post their exact words regarding the situation.

       A.C. (30) “I have to let you know that I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said to me. The thing that came to my mind is very important, in my opinion.
The time after Stephen was born, when I was having irregular menstrual bleeds and you taught me to GIVE THANKS TO MY UTERUS.
Also TO ASK FOR ITS FORGIVENES for tormenting it with a surgical procedure.

      And to THANK it for being my baby’s house. And to say I LOVE YOU to it.
After I did all this, my problem had resolved.
I believe this is very important after birth. That is because I saw how after giving birth to Michael, I did all you told me and I recovered quicker. I felt better and in a shorter time. And the postpartum period passed with ease.”

      We are so used to our body to keep on working, even if you take good care of it or not, and it never crosses our minds that it REQUIRES GRATTITUDE for its perfection. To make an analogy with something closer to all of us, let’s think about all the couples where one of the partners – most of the time, the woman – will take over all of the family responsibilities. This happens when it comes to her partner, her children, the house, parents/friends and all other aspects. But, due to the fact that she does these things CONSTANTLY, her partner takes it all for granted and doesn’t understand why he would be required to appreciate, express gratitude or encouragement. And he becomes disgruntled and bewildered when, FINALLY, his partner decides to leave him and their home. It’s true though that most of the time, she will wait for the kids to be grown up before leaving.

     The same thing happens with our body. When we keep on ignoring it, “pushing” it to work without paying any attention to it, without taking into account its needs or acknowledging its signals, at a certain point it … lets us down. It breaks down. It gets sick.
The second case.......will follow





Expect to see you again in Love’s Realm,
Saphires7

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu